Here’s our short review of the Maxus RV80 motor home.
Found the place earlier by mistake when walking outside of Shanghai Disneyland in the parking lot. Saw several RVs parked side by side and found the rental place close-by by the name Shanghai Maxus Holiday Plaza RV Park.
This is just a short review as at this point, I had no clear goal of how I should go with blogging.
The Maxus RV80 is based on Maxu’s model with a 2.0L T diesel engine and 6AMT gearbox. I felt personally the gearbox changed the gears like a jumping rabbit. Not as smooth as expected.
MAXUS RV80 is a recreational vehicle (RV) from SAIC MAXUS, 2017 RV80 is offered in 3 variants with three different body sizes, powered by the same 2.0T diesel engine with max. power of 100kW and max. torque 330N.m, price range:269800-489800yuan
There are some additional layouts for the bed arrangement, which was ok for us.
The price level for the RV2GO usually is a little bit higher than other rentals. But it is very much worth the value. We used this RV on our weekend trip to Tangshan Hot Springs RV Camping in Nanjing
Maxus RV80 review
Minor issues only, but if planning a more extended trip, you need to consider some issues.
Biggest RV brand in China, Maxus RV80 review
- It was nice to drive
- Enough of room for four persons and if lowering the table down five persons. It will be crowded.
- The electrical cooking plate inside. (800W)
- Many storage cabinets
- Apple Carplay and Android Car on the GPS/Radio
- A/C included and diesel heater included
- 2L T diesel engine for economy travel
Need some improvement
- No solar panels
- No generator
- No outside gas cooking station
- More power from the engine would have been perfect
- No fan outlet at the cooking place