The first impression is this is huge, and the camping site continues. Never seen this big area before in China.
I woke up this morning at the “To Journey-Huangshan Scenic area” campsite close to Jiaocun 焦村, which will be the western gate of The Yellow Mountain. However, it is still under construction, a 2h drive to the gate of Huangshan Mountain 黄山, which we are going to.
The area has many fixed caravans and some places for DIY travelers with RV/caravans. And as usual, we are outside the normal holiday season, so there were few people at the campsite. Maybe 4-5 families occupied either their own RV or rented a caravan. Most of the shops/restaurants and facilities were closed, but we could get the needed service. During the peak season, this would be an amazing place. Now there was one elder couple with RV who had been staying for months. During the evening, another family arrived, so we were only three paying customers in the camping area.
There are several RV places, and each has power, water, a sink, and tables. Also fenced by bushes for privacy between the spots
Dinner at close by local restaurant
Evening we decided to taste the food from the local restaurants. All inside the campsite were closed, so we checked out this one just outside the gate.
Free-time activities in the area
When we visited, hardly any people, therefore, no go for the activities. The interesting activities during summertime would be swimming in the pool and renting the electrical bike for a short trip outside (which was not in use). I have not figured out yet when the season is for travel. Been traveling in summer, winter, autumn, and spring, but the campgrounds are often empty.
Caravan area for rent
The size of the caravans is huge, and it’s Huge camping, there is plenty of space for a bigger family. We could not pay a visit inside, but they seemed to be well taken care of when checking closely. There is a minimum of 50 rental caravans. All of them include picnic tables outside and a sink with cutting space.
This is based on our opinion. Also, we were their off-season, but I can see the potential with the place during the season
Huge camping area called “To Journey” | Road trip | Easter 2021 | Day 7
- The staff were friendly and helpful
- The location is in the valley surrounded by the mountain, very nice view
- All the possible activities (what we could not test)
- The cleanliness of the camping site
- All the needed equipment for a longer stay. Water, Electricity, Washing machines, a Dump place for sewage water
- Good and spacious place for your RV or caravan.
- Small shop inside the area
- The proximity of the Huangshan Mountains
Need some improvement
- No other shops nearby and the campsite is isolated from the city.
- At the time we were there the camping was almost empty, therefore none of the "kids" fun was active
- Closeby Huangshan Mountains for sightseeing