This place has been in our minds long time, and finally, we had the time to check it out.
The location is perfect if you plan to go to Disneyland for a weekend trip. The local bus stops outside the gate, taking about 10-15 minutes for the bus to the destination Disneyland. We also planned this but did not have our passports available, so we did not go there this time.
One minor issue was that PSB held our passport for issuing new residence permits, and I only had paper copies for my daughters and me. Luckily the police station was only across the street (typically, the campsite can register you), and we could register there with the documents for one night.
I invited some friends who have been helping me with the translations to Chinese for my blog for a relaxing weekend at the Shanghai Maxus Holiday Plaza RV Park. This place is also where we rented our second RV in China for the trip to Nanjing.
Maxus has a nationwide network for RV rental; using their APP makes it easy to book and check the locations.
We rented three caravans overnight, and the price was very reasonable 1800CNY total. The time is from 15:00 until the next day at noon. These were the small ones from Hobby, where four can easily sleep for the night. A/C, toilet, shower, and small kitchen included. Outside big covered terrace with tables, chairs, a washing basin, and BBQ equipment. If you have more people, there are more enormous caravans. It might be challenging to rent during peak season.
Some activities in Shanghai Maxus Holiday Plaza RV Park are available for kids and also adults
Some activities available started with the water gun war, where nobody was innocent. Luckily changing clothes was on our checklist before leaving home. We owned a hammock for a long time and finally tested it with great satisfaction.
Fire in the BBQ and let us feast our stomaches
We also included a BBQ set for two people. The price was 300CNy, including coal, meat sticks, veggies, and tofu. We did not need a bigger BBQ set as we prepared everything by bringing food from home: baby pork ribs, chicken wings, and salads. You must take at least one choice of BBQ food, and then the staff will unlock the BBQ.
Their area is massive, but the campsite itself is in the corner of the area. Immense grasslands and long walking paths surround the place
I finished the camping the next day with brunch at Shanghai Disneyland
Shanghai Maxus Holiday Plaza RV Park, Weekend with friends
- If living in Shanghai very easy to get here
- Place is well maintained and clean
- Close to Shanghai Disney. Just outside the get there is a bus you can take
- Caravan quality is excellent with A/C, toilet,shower and small kitchen
- Big covered private terrace with tables, chairs and BBQ
- The rental price for the smaller caravan very reasonable
- Activities for the kids. Movies, track with Xiaomi Nine bot cars, paly house for the small ones
- Nationwide RV rental with many locations and service coverage
Need some improvement
- During high season might be fully occupied
- Small shop with limited selection. No other shops in walkable distance
- You must buy a BBQ set, otherwise you cannot use the BBQ