We started our long journey from Shanghai and headed for Qiandao but still some checks to be done
Here, I tell about additional information before the trip
First of all, if you plan to have a caravan to rent, please check that you have available parking space. We had issues finding space and finally decided to park the caravan on the side of the road where we knew there were seldom parking tickets. No way we could get it inside the compound, and the parking lot where we were supposed to park the caravan suddenly refused. The day we left, we could get it inside the compound for a shorter period for packing.
We packed all the gear as good we could and tried to balance the load. Our Kia Sorento’s max. The ball weight is around 100kg, so we should be ok following that rule. Heavy water and milk in the rear and the generator in the front.
We still need to verify and check some issues
- Availability of RV in Hulunbuir. Maxus has a rental place in Hulunbuir, and the availability needs to be confirmed all information can be found with the app. For some reason, the rentals are not yet available for July, and we are following this. We want to use Maxus only because it is a big/reliable company with many rental locations. Some minor issues with other rentals so, therefore, we prefer them.
- Travel directly to Hulunbuir. There are several options, but what is the best is still pending. Once per day, there is a direct flight from Shanghai, taking the train from Shanghai to Hulumbuir, mixing trains and flights.
- All the rentals and flights/trains need to be handled by each individual. We can try to reduce the price by negotiating with Maxus if we are more families. We are not a travel agency but would like more people to enjoy traveling in China by motor home and would be nicer together. On our website CrissCrossChina there is more information regarding travel in China by RV. For questions, you can use our Facebook or email address firstname.lastname@example.org
We will continue to update this blog as we get more information.
We are now a total of 4 families traveling to Hulunbuir. The meeting date would be on 10th July; our family is the only one driving up there. We will start the journey on the 2nd or 3rd of July from Shanghai, and others will take flight and have rented the RV from Inner Mongolia.
Here are some updates from our side. We have now changed our plan regarding the rental of an RV and rented a MIY MYY9012XLJ03 caravan (review) instead. It was difficult to find an RV in our price range, and also the layouts were not to our liking. Found a small rental company with caravans, and the layout was suitable for us.
Review available of MIY caravan.
- Ski box for more storage space, 700L
- Mirror extensions
- Installing the towing hook for the car.
- Fire extinguisher, 2kg
- Service of the car. Oil/filter change, fuel filter change, check of brake pads, air-filter change, and verifying underneath of the car that all ok (shockers, springs).
- Additional pockets and a soft table to be used behind the seats for kids.
- A mosquito net tent will be used in Inner Mongolia, I don’t know if needed but nice to have dinner outside without the mosquitos
- Update of our First Aid kit. Bandages, medicines for different uses.
- RV/caravan checklist
Rental of RV in Hulumbuir
Here is additional information before the trip from Maxus, including a driver for 7-days. We received this from their sales staff via WeChat; therefore, it is optimized for use by WeChat. You can scan the QR code or by this link. Unfortunately, the whole page is Chinese, but you could use Google translate.
Our plan for the trip is, will drive up north by RV from Shanghai and meet my friend in Inner Mongolia somewhere. From there, we will travel together and enjoy Inner Mongolia.
Advertisement for RV rental Inner Mongolia. The trip can be tailor-made and, if needed, also includes the driver.
Two families meeting far away from home